|[[File:|250px|Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Volume 1]]|
|Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Volume 1|
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Vol. 1 is the first installment in the Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories manga series authored and illustrated by Shiro Amano.
Back Cover SynopsisEdit
The sequel to the bestselling Kingdom Hearts manga series!
The door to Kingdom Hearts was sealed, dealing a blow to the heartless and restoring the worlds to normal, but Riku and King Mickey were trapped inside! Now Sora, Donald, and Goofy's search for their friends leads them to the mysterious Castle Oblivion where a hooded figure tells them, "Ahead lies something you need, but to claim it, you must lose something dear." But what could be more dear than one's own memories?
- 1. Castle Oblivion
- 2. Bellyful Stew
- 3. Organization XIII
- 4. Scent of Darkness
- 5. Ambivalence
- 6. Wish
Main Characters Edit
- Marluxia says, "In this place, to find is to lose and to lose is to find" four times.
- Instead of Sora and Co. meeting Cid alone in the first district, they are shown meeting him along with Leon and Co. while making dinner.
- Sora, Donald, and Goofy never re-face the armor.
- Sora and Co. are trying out a new restaurant when they get attacked by Heartless and can't defend themselves. Leon comes in to save the day.
- Donald doesn't say "thunder" when he had forgotten his magic, instead, he said things like "Sand-wich?"
- Goofy seems to be ordering a lot of fast-food in his sleep when Sora is visited by Marluxia.
- Cid is shown to make a special stew where he dumps everything in the fridge into the pot. Yuffie finds that her cheesecake is gone, then Cid reveals that he used it for the secret ingredient of the stew. This ends with Yuffie chasing Cid and throwing shurikens at him.
- When Axel first arrives to test Sora, he has his hood up.
- Sora's first confrontation with Axel is a farce, including Sora crashing into the wall alongside Donald and Goofy.
- Both Larxene, Lexaeus, and Axel are seen reading.
- Marluxia always has flowers around him.
- Both teams (Marluxia, Axel, Larxene and Vexen, Zexion, Lexaeus) both have living room-like bases instead of empty rooms.
- Marluxia's team have computer screens to watch Sora's motives.
- Zexion, Lexaeus, and Vexen are shown doing chores, and even have a chore wheel. There are eight chores: Vexen and Lexaeus both have three, while Zexion has two. After Vexen's death, Lexaeus assumes that he will have to do Vexen's chores in addition to his own.
- Vexen thought that Xemnas and Riku wore the same cologne, which is why he thought Riku's scent was very familiar to Xemnas'.
- Unlike the game, Sora remembered who Aladdin is despite some difficulties at first.
- Sora, Donald and Goofy try to save Jasmine by pretending to be genies. After Jafar makes an impossible wish for them to grant (for Princess Jasmine to fall desperately in love with him, stating that a sultan has need for a princess), Aladdin springs in to action, while Sora and Co. follow suit.
- Instead of setting Genie free with the last/third wish, Genie was freed with the 2nd one, though, he still insisted he would grant the 3rd wish (but he can grant more than three since he was freed). This breaks the canon for both the original version of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts, even the original version of the film Aladdin.
- Genie played along in granting wishes (which logically ended up as just one, by making him sultan of Agrabah) for Jafar, especially tricking him into turning into a Genie himself.
- Illust Collection: Three cover and/or preview illustrations published in Monthly Shonen GanGan
- Transform Sora: Five different cut out drawings of Sora's face which can be taped to the cover.
- Sneak Peek of Kilala Princess: Eight page preview of the upcoming manga.